If you use your personal vehicle for ride-sharing or food delivery, you need specific insurance coverage to help protect your financial stability.
Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for incidents and accidents that happen while you are delivering food or offering ride-sharing services. Depending on the coverage you choose, your policy may cover your legal liability and provide protection for your property.
Contact Cook Insurance Agency in Apache, Arizona, today to learn more about how to purchase commercial auto insurance, a rideshare auto endorsement or ride-share insurance policy if you deliver food or drive for Lyft or Uber.
Why Do You Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
All Arizona businesses must carry commercial auto liability coverage with certain minimum amounts of coverage if they use vehicles to conduct everyday business.
Your Arizona-compliant commercial auto insurance liability policy provides essential coverage, including:
· Third-party bodily injury coverage can help pay for other peoples’ injuries if you cause an accident.
· Third-party property damage liability can help pay for other peoples’ property replacement or repair if you cause an accident.
· Uninsured motorist coverage can help pay to replace or repair your property if you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident or if the driver at fault doesn’t have liability insurance coverage.
With proper insurance coverage, you can avoid much of the financial stress of an at-fault accident. Your agent may recommend that you add the following coverage to your commercial auto insurance policy:
· Collision insurance helps pay for damages to your vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object.
· Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft.
· Medical payments coverage helps pay for several loss types, including medical bills if you or your passenger is injured in an accident.
· Umbrella insurance helps cover your legal liability if a liability claim exceeds the limits of your other liability policies.
Your agent may also recommend additional coverage, including:
· Inland marine insurance
· Replacement cost vehicle coverage
· Rental car reimbursement
· Gap insurance
· Roadside assistance
Does My Personal Auto Insurance Cover Business Use?
If you are in an accident while working with a rideshare company or food delivery company, your personal auto insurance isn’t likely to provide coverage. Lyft and Uber provide access to some auto insurance benefits, so talk with your agent to make sure that your commercial auto liability policy fills any gaps in coverage and property protects your finances.
Get Commercial Auto Insurance
Contact Cook Insurance Agency today to get appropriate auto insurance and a personalized quote.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.